image Photo: Flash90

Israeli infant hurt during Gaza rocket attack

Palestinian-Islamists fired another barrage of rockets from the Gaza Strip at Israel again last night.

The IDF Spokesperson’s Unit confirmed to TV7 that three hostile projectiles were launched from the Jihadist-enclave into Israeli territory; two of which were successfully intercepted by the Iron Dome Defense System.

Air raid sirens were sounded across southern Israeli communities some thirty minutes before midnight, when residents were forced to rush into bomb shelters within the 15-30 second advisory from the Home Front Command. A three-week-old infant sustained moderate-to serious-injuries at a private home in the town of Sderot, when she was reportedly dropped by her mother while racing to seek safe refuge during the Palestinian attack. Paramedics called to the scene evacuated the injured baby to the Soroka Medical Center in Beersheba for medical treatment.

Firefighters were deployed to extinguish a blaze that ignited in an uninhabited area of the Shaar Hanegev Regional Council. According to a statement issued by the Fire and Rescue Authorities, the flames were sparked by the third Palestinian missile.

According to the IDF Spokesperson’s Unit, “Israeli aircraft and fighter jets” retaliated for the attack with “a wide-scale strike on Hamas terror targets in the southern Gaza Strip.” The Israeli military strike against “an underground infrastructure used to manufacture weapons” was described as having effectively “degrade(d) the Hamas terror organization’s future abilities.”

The Israeli military once again reiterated all terror activity originating in the coastal Palestinian enclave against the Jewish State is viewed with great severity; for which the Islamist Hamas organization is “responsible” and will bear consequences for its actions against Israeli civilians.

In related news, Gazan-Islamists have continued the airborne campaign against Israel with numerous explosives-rigged balloon launches.

Meanwhile alert levels have been raised in Jerusalem, southern Israel communities along the Gaza border and the West Bank districts of Judea and Samaria.

Several dozen Muslim worshippers marched after weekly Friday prayers on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem’s Old City early this morning, while chanting Islamic war slogans, including a vow to “liberate” the al Aqsa Mosque with their “spirit and blood.” Israeli Riot Police were immediately dispatched to the holy site to disperse the procession. Police later confirmed to TV7 that ‘calm has been restored to the ancient compound’ where both biblical Temples once stood.